Glienicke Palace is located on the Island of Wannsee, near the Glienicke Bridge. It was designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel for Prince Carl of Prussia in 1826.
The building, originally merely a cottage, was turned into a summer palace in the late classical style. Particularly striking are two golden lions in front of the frontage, which were also designed by Schinkel.
The lions are based on those of the Lion Fountain of the Villa Medici. In the palace are antique objets d'art, which the Prince brought back from his trips. The palace's park is now called the Volkspark Glienicke.